PC Financial® combines no fees and PC Optimum™ in new banking solution, PC Money™ Account
TORONTO /CNW/ - As Canadians' spending turns to essential needs, PC Financial introduces the PC Money Account, a simple bank account that combines no fees with one of Canada's most popular loyalty programs, PC Optimum. Designed for Canadians who crave more from their money, the PC Money Account is a simple, no-fee way to turn the banking they do every day, like paying bills and shopping, into rewards for free grocery, beauty and essential products at Loblaw supermarkets and Shoppers Drug Mart stores.
"We're hearing from Canadians that now, more than ever, they want their money to work harder for them and the PC Money Account does just that," said Barry Columb, President, PC Financial. "The PC Money Account fills a gap in the everyday banking landscape, giving Canadians a no-fee account to spend, send and save, all while being rewarded with loyalty points they can actually use on the essentials they need."
The first product of its kind in Canada, PC Money Account brings together familiar, digital-first banking features with unparalleled points-earning potential on everyday essentials, offering Canadians a whole new way to think about money.
With more than 3 million customers today, PC Financial is all about accelerating everyday value for Canadians. The PC Money Account adds an everyday banking option to its existing Mastercard credit products for consumers who prefer using their own bank accounts for everyday spending and saving, but also seek everyday rewards.
The PC Money Account has the following features:
- Unlimited everyday transactions
- No monthly fees
- 10 PC Optimum points on every dollar you spend, anywhere you shop
- 25 PC Optimum points per dollar spent at Shoppers Drug Mart
- 10,000 PC Optimum points for linking an external bank account
- 25,000 PC Optimum points bonus when you set up direct deposit
- Up to 5,000 points each month for online bill payments over $50
- 10,000 PC Optimum points on your first purchase over $50
- Free Interac e-transfer®
- Free cash withdrawals at PC Financial ATMs across Canada
- Personalized savings goals
- Optional Overdraft Protection
- CDIC Protection on eligible deposits
- 24/7 fraud detection and support
- Mastercard Zero Liability Promise for unauthorized purchases
- Accepted anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide